To our valued patients:
We are committed to our patients, our staff, and our community.
During these unprecedented times, UMSL Eye Care remains committed to our patients, our community and our personnel. Because of this commitment, we have reopened the University Eye Center at 7840 Natural Bridge Road to meet the needs of our patients while maintaining health and safety standards to stop the spread of COVID-19. We have made changes to our procedures according to CDC recommendations. Your continued support and understanding are appreciated as we navigate through uncertain times.
Limited services available.
At this time all services are by appointment only. Please call our offices to schedule an appointment.
Safety measures are being taken, for your safety and ours.
For our Faculty, Staff and Student Interns:
- We are installing plexiglass shields at our front desk to protect you and our employees.
- All UMSL Eye Care personnel will wear masks or face shields as recommended by the CDC.
- All Faculty, Staff and Student Interns will have their temperature taken before entering the building. No one will be allowed to enter if they have a temperature, cough, or other signs of illness, or have had known exposure to the COVID virus.
For our Patients in the Exam Rooms:
- All exam rooms will be disinfected before a patient is escorted to the room.
- Medical personnel will wear protective gear as recommended by the CDC during your exam.
- The equipment has been outfitted with plexiglass shields to separate the doctor from the patient during up-close examination.
For our Patients in the Optical Shop:
- We will be limiting the number of appointments per day to make social distancing easier.
- Our optical service will not be available for drop in eyeglass adjustments, orders, or repairs. All visits to the optical shop will have to be by appointment only. However, if you call 314-516-1101 when you arrive, we will see if you can be seen at that time.
- For eyeglass or contact lens pick up, we will offer curbside pick-up. Call 314-516-1101 and someone will bring your glasses to your car.
- If you would like to try on glasses in our optical shop, you may make an appointment. One of our staff members will pull any frames off the boards and bring them to you. Once you have tried on a frame, it will be disinfected before being replaced on the board.
Patient Procedures at Arrival.
What you need to know before you arrive:
- Masks are required for all those visiting the clinic; this can be surgical, N95 or cloth.
- Pediatric patients may have one family member attend their appointment. All other patients will not be allowed to bring anyone with them to the appointment.
- You will be screened before entering the building.
- A student intern will contact you prior to your appointment to gather medical information such as a list of medications and your current health condition.
- Any copays may be paid over the phone with a credit card prior to arrival, or after arrival while waiting to be screened.
What you need to know when you arrive:
- When you arrive at the Patient Care Center parking lot, please remain in your car and call 314-516-5609 to let us know you’ve arrived. Please provide the make, model and color of your car.
- A member of our staff will meet you at your car to ask a series of screening questions, take your temperature, and ask to scan your ID and Insurance Cards.
- Once you pass the screening, we will escort you to an exam room. Exam rooms will be disinfected between each patient.
As we all do our part to keep each other healthy, we understand that many of these changes represent a new way of life – at least for the short term. Our commitment to you is to balance the need for vision care with the need to slow the spread of COVID-19. Together we can make this work.
On behalf of the UMSL Eye Care family, we thank you for your support and understanding.